Custom Search

Thursday, January 15, 2009

M.S./M.Engr. in Biological and Agricultural Engineering (Water Management),

Biologists enjoy exceptionally interesting careers. They may find themselves mapping tropical bird migrations in rainforests, or searching for a cancer cure in laboratories. Biologists typically earn graduate degrees, qualifying them to pursue sophisticated research or advanced teaching. Many work in business, manufacturing, industry, and healthcare.

Masters degree programs typically consist of 30-36 total credits and usually take between three to five years to complet. coursework must be completed within the time frame determined by the academic department

(see Steps to Degree Completion).

College of Engineering

Biology careers are available in forensic science, biotechnology, medical research, statistical research, science policy, agriculture, zoos and wildlife centers, and with land or resource-conservation agencies. Almost 40 percent of all working biologists in 2006 worked for local, state, and federal government, with the remaining 60 percent divided among private research labs, pharmaceutical companies, and education. Professional research in biology in the next decade is expected to focus on genetic research for curing or preventing disease.
Engineering Outreach delivers the coursework required for the master's degrees listed below. These are the same courses and degrees offered on campus. All required coursework may be completed at a distance, and you will most likely visit the UI campus near the end of your program to take a comprehensive exam or defend a thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment